Saturday, March 12, 2011

So what do you get with 2 kids, a dog, and two partial quarts of ice cream? Give up? One big mess.

To explain, I had gotten up with Ayla around 3 or so. Since she was sick for almost two weeks her sleep schedule has gotten all wacky, but back to the story. So I had gone back to sleep on the couch in the living room. The problem came when Ben got up, Nick assumed I was already up so went back to sleep. See the problem here?

I woke up to Nick bringing Ayla to me saying this one is all yours. She was wet, had something in her hair and a pretty full diaper. He then went on to explain slash show me what he had discovered. The best we can figure is Ben got the ice cream out of the freezer (which is getting a permanent combo lock if I have anything to say about it) and taken it, his sister, and the dog into his room. Where he proceeded to eat some, throw some around (yes, it was on the walls, dresser, bed, everywhere), I'm pretty sure he was a big reason Ayla was covered in it and Simba too. Nick woke up to Ben trying to give Ayla a bath in the spare bathroom, by splashing water on her from the running sink.

So both kids got tossed into a bath and washed down. Nick got a bucket and started cleaning Ben's room and I took the dog to the salon and gave him a quick bath. Of course my co workers, knowing I wasn't working today, were wondering what happened when I showed up with Simba. This isn't the first time I've had to take Simba to work with me because Ben decided that food is good for a dog's fur.

That was my morning. Now it's a lot calmer because Nick took Ben to a monster truck show so it just me and Ayla for tonight.

Until the next episode..........

No comments: