Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I need to work on getting back to doing this more. So, since last post I mentioned a wedding. It went beautifully and I wish them a successful marriage. The only small issue with the wedding is, who holds an outdoor, sunset wedding, one mile away from the Wisconsin border, in NOVEMBER? Yeah, it was a little cold but at least is was short, sweet, and to the point. We sat next to several of Nick's pledge brothers and had a good time. Cory's poor girlfriend was not used to this weather, born and raised in Arizona. So the open bar was a friend.

For Thanksgiving, we drove out to my parents again. This time with two kids and both dogs. Simba and Myra had their beds in the back of the truck since Nick got another canopy/topper thing. They handled it very well and didn't take too long to settle in. Ben and Ayla did sleep a decent amount, but we also had Nick's old laptop with several DVDs to help occupy their time. I think I listened through Cars 2 at least 4 times before I actually saw it. Nick didn't get a deer this year, but it'll happen soon enough. It is kind of interesting on which parts of deer hunting are the most anxiety inducing for us. Nick is ok up to the part where you have to handle the deer because he's not sure how/what to do when field dressing and processing the deer. Me, it's the part before it so I tell him we've got it covered. We had a nice visit with my parents and my sister and her family. Ben really liked playing with his cousins.

I have joined the smart phone populace. Now all I have to do is try to smarter than it. On a side note here I should mention that the night before a trip is not a good time to get new toys. Nick got them the night before we left for my parents' house and still had some packing to do. We were up a little late. Also on the funny side, Nick tried surprising me. I say tried because I figured out that my phone wasn't working. I called ready to yell at someone and the CSR realized that I was talking about a different phone than his screen showed I had. There are some quirks and what not to figure out but in general I'm liking it. Outside of the games and apps, although I'm having fun with the dog teaser one (Alex hates it), it is nice to have a phone that actually works. By the time I got my smart phone, my old one was randomly turning off. A little bit of a pain especially when your using it at the time. So anyone know of any cool apps I may have missed?

Christmas is upon us in force, we're almost done with our shopping. We bought the gifts for my sister's children while we were out visiting and left them with Grandma. So we save on shipping and get out of wrapping.

The children are letting me know that I've had enough time on the computer.

No comments: